Employment Brokerage Services
Smart Waikato connects businesses with young people who are keen to work and learn, and supports employers to develop new, entry-level work opportunities through subsidised services.
Work opportunities are communicated through Smart Waikato’s strong networks and multimedia to youth, careers and technology teachers, whānau and support personnel.
Work opportunity development
Employers access subsidised Smart Waikato specialist support to develop entry-level work opportunities, including work experience, cadetships, apprenticeships, internships and jobs.
These roles are promoted to Smart Waikato’s active and engaged network of Gateway and careers teachers, technology and tertiary educators, whaanau and other communications channels.
Entry-level work placement
Smart Waikato partners with businesses to share entry-level work opportunities with appropriate secondary school students and other young people throughout the region.
Roles are promoted Smart Waikato’s active network of Gateway and careers teachers, tertiary educators, whaanau and other communications channels. Applications are shared with employers to process according to their usual HR practice.
Smart Transitions Benefits
- Develop well-skilled, knowledgeable people for your business, so they can achieve more, give more and stay longer
- Build your business and a better future for New Zealanders
- Access an active and engaged network of careers and Gateway educators, technology teachers and work-ready young people
- Help those starting out in the workforce get the training and future they deserve
- Access any employer funding support you are eligible for
Email [email protected] to find out more