Smart Waikato’s Secondary School Employer Partnerships (SSEP) connect young people, educators and employers, generating transformative results for communities. Employers from a range of sectors interconnect with school faculties contextualising learning for Year 9 and 10 and introducing them to a wide range of careers.
• improve student achievement, retention and transition in schools
• answer the question: “Why am I learning this subject?”
• ensure students make solid school subject choices to successfully transition into further education and employment
• introduce students to key industries in region
• increase attraction to careers in critical industries in our region
• encourage young people to stay in the region